16 Personalities

Hey everyone, I didn't post in quite a while now. I had to deal with a lot of trouble within my family. My emotions where all over ...

Hey everyone,

I didn't post in quite a while now. I had to deal with a lot of trouble within my family. My emotions where all over the place... I just felt like staying in bed all day and my daily activites like blogging and meeting friends were suffering from that. Therefore I had a lot time to think about my life, my future, the meaning of life and human existence and also about who I am and who I aspire to be. I guess my problem is that I always overthink to much but I can say that this little 'pause' helped me to clear my mind and my whole view about the world, life and society has solidified/changed. I finally have the feeling that I am actually starting to become my true self and that makes me happy. 

Ok so lets come to the actual topic of this post. Some time ago I found out about the MBTI personality test and of course I did the test. Since then I have been obsessed with how true every word that was written about my personality type is. I can't really describe how I felt reading my results but I finally felt understood. I always thought that some of my characteristics where somehow not normal. But the test did not only help me to understand myself. It also helped my mom to understand me. I am more of a creative person and since I was little I was dreaming about becoming either a writer, actor or singer. I don't want to become anything of that anymore (still love writing though) but I know for sure that I want to work in the movie sector. Because of that many people (especially from my family) think I'll choose the wrong direction because it is not a that 'safe' job and artists and freelancers often experience times of being unemployed. What they don't understand is that doing for example a office job will never make me happy. I don't want to choose my job based on the income because I know I won't achieve endless happines through material things. So what is the point of forcing myself into something that I am not/won't make me happy? 
The results of my test were so accuarte for some seconds it was even a bit scary that this is functioning by only answering 90 questions. I also asked some of my family members to do the test and reading about their personality types helped me to understand them more. It is crazy that there are only 16 different types! Btw. My type is infp-t



So here are some informations about the test and it's background:

"Our approach has its roots in two different philosophies. One dates back to early 20th century and was the brainchild of Carl Gustav Jung, the father of analytical psychology. Jung’s theory of psychological types is perhaps the most influential creation in personality typology, and it has inspired a number of different theories, including our own. One of Jung’s key contributions was the development of the concept of Introversion and Extraversion – he theorized that each of us falls into one of these two categories, either focusing on the internal world (Introvert) or the outside world (Extravert). These terms are usually defined differently nowadays, with Extraversion being synonymous with social prowess – however, the original Jungian definitions focused on where the person tends to get their energy from. In that sense, Introversion does not imply shyness, and Extraversion does not necessarily mean good social skills."  -  16 personalities website

You can read more about the theory on their website. But in the end there are basicly four pairs of personality traits:

  • Introversion (I) or Extraversion (E)
  • Intuition (N) or Sensing (S)
  • Thinking (T) or Feeling (F)
  • Judging (J) or Perceiving (P)

Example: 
My personality type is infp
I = Introversion N = Intuition F = Feeling P = Perceiving


Find out which personality type you are here and tell me in the comments if you want to!


xx

Megan 

You Might Also Like

1 Kommentare

  1. WOW Great post!
    follow or follow? let me know
    fashion-lovely-look-blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow
Follow